Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Dad



Happy Birthday to my Dad.  My main man.  The man who is as big as mountains, and the hardest working man that I know.  The man who smells constantly of grass, oil, and gas.  The man whose hands are so hardworking, that they are as rough as sandpaper.  The man who is such a tough guy, until it comes to his family, and then he's a big old softy and can't keep a dry eye.  To the man who taught me how to drive a stick shift, the man who taught me to love coke, and certainly how to love America.  To the man who I used to stay up every Saturday night with watching America's Most Wanted, trying to find all the bad guys.  To the man who taught me how to fish, and my biggest nemesis on the tube.  To the man who would drop everything and anything to give me a priesthood blessing.  To the man who did drop everything, and once met me in a KFC parking lot on his lunch break to give me a blessing before a math final.  To my biggest fan (other than mom :) ) and the best man I know, Happy Birthday.  I sure miss you dad.  Thank you for always pushing me, and trying to get me on this mission, even when I wasn't sure it was for me.  Thank you for helping me get here.  I love you so much.  I miss you like crazy.  Love,
Your Favorite Missionary,
Sister Carlee Beyer

The temple grass, because only dad would get it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment